JA COMPANY PROGRAM – LOWER SECONDARY SCHOOL
The JA Company Program is a learning program that combines theory and practice. Its objectives are learning and developing entrepreneurial skills and an entrepreneurial attitude.
Goals of the program
The content of the JA Company Program takes into consideration the objectives of transversal competence in accordance with the 2016 national core curriculum for basic education. The program supports the interdisciplinary learning modules defined in the national core curriculum. The program is an excellent independent optional subject or a tool for the implementation of other optional subjects.
The Ministry of Education and Culture Entrepreneurship for Education – Guidelines in Finland (2017) names the JA Company Program as one of the methods to implement entrepreneurship education on the upper secondary level in accordance with the new curricula.
- The learner recognises the requirements of entrepreneurship and is able to assess their own strengths and areas for development.
- The learner understands the basics of business operations and is able to assess and develop the company’s operations.
- The learner develops their entrepreneurship skills, including sales skills, teamwork, problem-solving, communication and public speaking.
- The student builds cooperation networks that promote the business operations.
- The learner is able to plan the company’s business operations.
- The learner is able to draw up a business model and a business plan to support their idea and is able to develop them during the operations.
- The learner is able to use tools related to planning the business operations and to draw up the documents required for establishing a company.
- The learner identifies and assesses their own activities as a member of a team.
What does ordering the JA Company Program offer?
The program offers a turnkey solution for a lower secondary school teacher to teach entrepreneurship.
Ready-made materials and exercises
A national network of teachers
An online learning environment
The program consists of 16 learning modules.
If this raised your interest, recruit a teacher in your school who would be interested in becoming the responsible teacher for the JA Company Program. We will train the teachers to implement the program and to use the study materials. All the teacher needs is enthusiasm, determination and an entrepreneurial attitude. The program is also suitable for strengthening collaborative teaching.
The program offers opportunities to network with the school and external actors.
If you are interested in becoming the responsible teacher for the JA Company Program, talk to your principal. The program is versatile and thus a tool that can be conveniently incorporated in the optional subjects in the lower secondary school. It also integrates with different subjects easily. Collaborative teaching enables the application of a variety of perspectives and the sharing and development of one’s own expertise.
Contact us for our provision of free-of-charge training. We will help you get started and support you in the implementation of the program.